Best prices on SS pprops

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Best prices on SS pprops

Post by Redbelly »

Ready to purchase a 4 blade prop....where do you suggest looking?

Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

This is what I have on my boat, as well as Tincan....I'm extremely happy with the prop...If you don't see your engine, call the guy.

http://www.boatownersworld.com/Props/tu ... ats_iv.htm

Make sure you know what you want....meaning if your running good with a 3 blade 17 pitch stainless prop, you will probably want to drop down 2 degrees in pitch inorder to keep the RPMs up. This is a general rule, boats, engines and various other things will effect performance.
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Boy, I sure hate to continue to show my ignorance, but why stop now! What is the performance difference between a 3 and 4 blade prop? Just guessing, wondering if the 4 blade displaces more water which might impact speed? Any difference in handling between the two?
Nathan
Site Sponsor

Post by Nathan »

Ebay

Nathan
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Thanks Chalk. On the site I don't see a prop for a 40 hp. I will call today. They show the turbo flats prop for 70hp +.
Work 2 fish 4 days

1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Ron Wilson wrote:Boy, I sure hate to continue to show my ignorance, but why stop now! What is the performance difference between a 3 and 4 blade prop? Just guessing, wondering if the 4 blade displaces more water which might impact speed? Any difference in handling between the two?
It may impact speed...but will excel in load carrying...I was running a 3 blade stainless and could do 40 mph by myself with a light load, a tail wind and me laying in the floor :o :lol: ....I got a 4 blade 15 pitch prop and I can do 38 mph with a full tournament load and another angler...best I could do with the three blade and a tournament load was 36 mph.

Four blade with grip better....only disadvantage I have seen is steering torque, but I have a fix for that, I just haven't done it yet.
Seachaser

Post by Seachaser »

Chalk, what are you running the 15 pitch on? I have a 90 merc and a four blade 17 pitch was an improvement over the 19 3 blade. I was thinking the 15 may be even better. Comments.
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

I bought mine through iboats.com I was very pleased with there service and there prices. http://www.boat-props.com/solas/?dz=1626
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Seachaser wrote:Chalk, what are you running the 15 pitch on? I have a 90 merc and a four blade 17 pitch was an improvement over the 19 3 blade. I was thinking the 15 may be even better. Comments.
90 hp Yamaha

Depends how your RPMs are now, if your reaching the proper RPMs then your doing the best you can....if you go to low you will over rev the engine
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

After last weekend, I'm running a 3.5 blade prop! :roll:
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

the 4x I have is a 15 pitch powertech that has a large amount of cup put into it. the prop starts at 15 and transitions out to about 18. my boat does about 32.2. with a 60.No matter how I have it loaded. I have talked to people with the exact same boat,motor, and prop that have gotten up to 37mph and some that could not break more than 28. very minor adjustments can have a tremendous effect on the performance.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Barhopr wrote:my boat does about 32.2. with a 60.No matter how I have it loaded. I have talked to people with the exact same boat,motor, and prop that have gotten up to 37mph and some that could not break more than 28.
I have been meaning to talk to you about proper boat operation

:wink: :lol:
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

whatchu talkin about little buddy
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

If I put an RPM gauge on my motor, but am already "improperly propped"... :lol: ...how do I know if I am gauging the right RPM's to know what 4 blade prop to get?

This can get confusing to say the least. :-?
Work 2 fish 4 days

1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Redbelly wrote:If I put an RPM gauge on my motor, but am already "improperly propped"... :lol: ...how do I know if I am gauging the right RPM's to know what 4 blade prop to get?

This can get confusing to say the least. :-?
I would say you still need the RPM gauge to figure how you're improperly propped so that you may get propped properly. :thumbup:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."